ADULT BUT TEEN (2022)

Being the perfect child

Was always a hard dream for me 

I couldn't accept those

Old norms that keep me down 

I want to grow out

Of these expectations

And all those decisions.

Why is this not normal here?

Why is this rebellious?

Making them happy

Is more important than 

Being happy myself.

Being an adult is never easy.

But being a teenager

Is more difficult.

All these conflicting ideals

And various opinions

Making a chaos in my head 

Keeping it heavy

And bowing down

To all the hardships and insults

On the way.

"You are not an adult"

Is just a weight on our shoulder.

Let me fly

Let me see colours

Let me swim

Let me climb

These treacherous mountains.

I was a child once

Then a teenager

Who just entered the world

Of adulthood. 

Comments

Popular Posts